- Best Health U.S. (www.besthealthus.com)
- Birds & Blooms (www.birdsandblooms.com)
- Country (www.country-magazine.com)
- Country Woman (www.lovethecountry.com)
- enrichU (www.enrichu.com)
- Farm & Ranch Living (www.lovethecountry.com)
- Reader’s Digest (www.rd.com, www.rdstore.com)
- Reminisce (www.reminisce.com)
- Simple & Delicious (www.tasteofhome.com/simple)
- Taste of Home (www.tasteofhome.com, www.shoptasteofhome.com)
- The Family Handyman (www.familyhandyman.com)
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Some functions and services offered through the Company Sites require that you provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”). PII that we may collect includes email address, name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card number or other account number. We may also collect other information about you that we associate with your PII such as your interests, preferences and demographics. For example, we may collect information about your interests in certain health, food and lifestyle topics. We collect this PII for example, when you order a product, enter a contest or sweepstakes, request a catalog, or register for a mailing list.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information and other information we collect about you for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you on Company Sites or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve Company Sites, products and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using Company Sites, products and services;
- process and deliver contest entries, winners and rewards;
- send you a welcoming email, to contact you about your use of a Company Site and to provide important Company Site updates;
- provide the services, products or information you request and to process payments and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Company Sites, our Family of Publications, and other products and services;
- send you surveys or questionnaires;
- send you newsletters, including any online newsletter(s) you have requested or, for print subscribers, those online newsletters that are editorial companion pieces (e.g. Taste of Home Subscriber Exclusive) to our print publications;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Company and our selected partners;
- use for editorial purposes, such as to contact you about content you have submitted to a Company Site or to give attribution to content you submit;
- send a one-time email on your behalf which contains a display or link to a recipe, article, advice or other content you have selected to share with a friend through our Email-a-Friend service (however, we do not use the name and email address you provide us through this feature for any other purpose)
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- investigate and take action against fraudulent or illegal activity or improper conduct.
Company may save your credit card information for use when you log in to make future purchases on a Company site. Company may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
Company may share your PII for the following purposes and under the following circumstances.
- We may share your PII with our affiliates our technical consultants, auditors and other third parties who act on our behalf, for example, to make Company Sites available, enhance their functionality, or provide associated services and/or who deal with you in delivering content, samples, products, and gifts and prizes, have access to and may use this information to provide us with services.
- Occasionally, we may make names and postal addresses we collect through the Company Sites along with certain other information about you such as your interest in particular health or lifestyle topics available to reputable companies whose products and/or services may interest you, unless you opt out of being included in our postal mailing list. (See the section below on opting out of postal mailings).
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information and other information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also provide aggregate statistics and deidentified data about our customers, including traffic patterns and related site information, to reputable third parties for their own purposes, including statistical analysis.
Your Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
Please be aware that when you connect and share your actions, comments, content and information, for example, through discussion board postings on Company Sites, those actions are not private. Others may capture personal information you post, including your email address, and may use the data to identify or contact you, including to send you emails. We cannot control such actions by others. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. If you share information about others, please be sure to respect their privacy and get consent for any information you may share about them.
Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
If you do not wish to receive promotional and newsletter emails from any one of our Family of Publications you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email.
You can also change your promotional and newsletter email preferences for all our Family of Publications by clicking here to go to the E-Mail Preference Center form.
If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from any of our Family of Publications, we may continue to send you certain communications such as service announcements and administrative messages, relating to the Company and Company Sites that are necessary to our relationship with you.
For all other requests for changes relating to your PII, including opting out of postal mail, telemarketing calls, and our sharing PII with our partners, contact customer service at email@example.com or at:
Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
PO Box 6095
Harlan, IA 51593
Phone #: 877-342-4775
You may also use the postal address above for general customer service questions.
Third Party Activities
Notice to California Customers – Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at the email address or postal address described above.
Third Party Advertising
Third Party Cookies
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we or a data provider we have engaged may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies, please go to aboutads.info/choices.
Company Ads on Third Party Sites
We may use information collected using third party cookies and Web beacons on Company Sites and in our emails to deliver Company advertising displayed to you on third party sites. We also may use cookie information to know when you return to a Company Site after visiting these third party sites. We use this information and other information about you, to try to understand your interests and show you relevant Company advertising about products and services you may need.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Server Logs
Company, related Web hosting providers, and advertisers and ad serving and tracking companies sometimes utilize “cookie” technology on Company Sites. Cookies are bits of data stored on your hard drive that contain no personally identifying information but which help enhance your Web-browsing experience. Not all Web browsers accept cookies, and those that do usually provide a preference or setting that allows you to refuse and remove most types of browser cookies. If your browser does not accept cookies, you may still enjoy Company Sites.
We may also use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control for videos, or display content based upon what you view on the Company Sites to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on the Company Sites and may display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, using Flash cookies to help track and store information about you. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on Company Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data, such as the time and date of a Web visit, the browser and operating system being used, and the Web URL a user linked from. This information is used in aggregate form to help us plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ Web-browsing systems. We also collect information about keyword searches performed by visitors on the Company Sites. We do not collect your name or email address as a result of using a search feature. We may keep logs of all words searched to help us learn what kinds of information Company Site visitors are seeking, and to improve our service to visitors.
Privacy Precaution Warning
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
Notice to EU Visitors to RD.com and TMBI.com
Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions